Which One Is Right For You?
Electronic Or Mechanical
Our skids come in two designs. Mechanical & electronic. This relates to the method of registering the metered volume
& how the amount of product loaded onto the tanker is controlled. The two options are mechanical, with mechanical
counters & presets or electronic, with a central load computer providing electronic loading & flow control.
Electronic skids are ideal for companies who have a number of tankers or multiple depots & want greater levels of
security & control.
SAFETY FIRST FOR COMPLETE PEACE OF MIND
Whichever option you choose you can be assured that operator & tanker loading safety is an integral part of the design
on ALL IFC Inflow skids. All of our skids come with the following as standard:
• Our five point safety system including, 1) thermal pressure relief 2) tanker overfill & earth ground monitoring
3) emergency stop control 4) vapour venting tank with overfill protection 5) dry break disconnect couplers.
• Are designed & built under our ISO9001 Quality Assurance System.
• All on skid electrical work is completed by COMPEX certified engineers to the latest ATEX standards.
• We use ONLY ATEX or ExD compliant equipment.
• All electrical works on our skids is third party inspected by COMPEX certified engineers.
• Are built for Zone 1 hazardous area & are suitable for operation with distillates & spirits.
ELECTRONIC SKID FEATURES
Loading is performed via the central MPC100 load computer which
controls loading via electronic flow control valves.
Advantages of using the electronic system include:
• Driver & vehicle PIN code authorisation - providing increased security &
• On screen instructions for loading - easy to use for all operators.
• Back lit display - good for low light operations.
• Rugged non moving keys - low maintenance & increased reliability.
• Links directly to a remote printer - easy printing of bills of lading (BoL).
• Optional connection to Terminal Automation Software (TAS) - integrates
loading operations with wet stock control. With remote programming,
reporting & overview.
• 10,000 transaction system memory - easy retrieval of loading histories.
• Various inputs/outputs for interfacing to other devices such as temperature,
pressure & density measurement.
MECHANICAL SKID FEATURES
Loading is controlled via individual mechanical preset counters
connected to mechanical two stage flow control valves. Benefits of
a mechanical system include:
• Traditional technology - tried, tested & reliable.
• Individual counters on each meter - if one register fails the other meters will
continue to work.
• Widely used - good availability of parts & service knowledge.
© IFC INFLOW LIMITED 2017